Since I read the things about people when I go a blog reading, I guess I will quit this mystery business.
1. By and large I think blogs are vain, shallow and really kind of, well, like folly.
2. I blog anyway.
3. I wore full head gear and rubber bands for 2 years in the 80’s. (ouch)
4. I value friendships and listening, but am fairly lousy at times in both of these endeavors.
5. My kid is beautiful.
6. I believe in birthday spankins!
7. Mental health days, yes.
8. Shoes are important.
9. Traveling overseas is something every American should do at least 3 times.
10. I reluctantly live in the suburbs in a drafty house.
11. Good taste is an important quality in friends.
12. I teach, therefore I learn.
13. I have bouts of insomnia.
14. I am pretty bad at small talk.
15. My left eye has been red on and off for about a year and a half and my opthamologist makes me wait an hour every time I see him, so I hate to go.
16. My hair is curly, but not permed.
17. I dated for 15 years before getting married.
18. Dating is a hassle.
19. I will travel and live overseas again.
20. I like non-fiction and fiction both.
21. I love to cook. I am not necessarily a great cook though.
22. I used to ride a motorcycle and salsa dance.
23. I believe in the God of Moses.
24. I like to take pictures.
25. My family is screwed up just like everyone else’s. I still hope I can do better for my daughter.
26. My husband rawks.
27. I live in Portland and think it is a beautiful town, but sometimes think the residents here are all deluded.
28. I believe Americans live in a bubble of security. It’s nice here in the bubble. It’s definitely better than having ones kids conscripted into a child army.
29. Cookies are important sometimes.
30. Smarties make you smarter.
31. Were it not for smarties and coffee, I never would have graduated college.
32. I paid for my college myself and by the time I pay it off, it will be almost 100,000 dollars.
33. I don’t really think that information makes people smarter.
34. I have high arches.
35. I am sarcastic too often.
36. I value being a good educator.
37. I lived in Russia for 2 years.
38. I speak Russian poorly.
39. I would like to speak Russian better.
40. I read.
41. I teach Health, ESL and Spanish
42. I have never been to Vegas. I am ok with that.
43. If I would have known how much I was going to love my daughter I would have had a kid sooner.
44. I consider adoption.
45. I have blue/green/grey eyes.
46. I like to ride my bike to work.
47. I don’t make silly things into moral issues, like environmental responsibility, weight, beauty or money.
48. I am opinionated.
49. I try to keep my opinions to myself, which I am very bad at doing.
50. We had a retired racing greyhound named Mister Dog.
51. We are perpetually fixing our house.
52. I like people but sometimes I like them better when they are silent.
53. I aim to please, sometimes.
54. I am built for comfort and efficiency, not speed.
55. Married a Republican which makes for interesting conversation.
56. I have 2 stepkids who live 15 hours away. This is distressing.
57. We will move to a new home in 2007.
58. My husband has a 4 hour commute.
59. We don’t get TV reception.
60. Massage should be mandatory for everyone.
61. I don’t feel a need to have a cell phone because mostly I am too cheap.
62. I love music.
63. My favorite music is Brazilian samba.
64. I cannot ice skate.
65. I stink at math.
66. I am bad with verbal instructions, I have to see things.
67. I rely too much on my computer.
68. My husband has a whiteman’s afro.
69. I was paid to serve coffee at a major coffee retailer. For 5 years. (college)
70. I have some junk in the trunk.
71. I used to attend a very liberal hippie college.
72. I was not raised in a religious home.
73. I am a returned Peace Corps volunteer.
74. I had a c section (after 20 hours of labor).
75. I am a linguistics nerd.
76. I HATE grocery shopping.
77. I believe new boots for a girl can have some magic.
78. Chocolate and red wine is a good end of a long day.
79. I think getting uppity about things just makes people look ridiculous. Guilty.
80. I taught in China one summer.
81. I couldn’t care less what kind of a car a person drives.
82. I love dancing.
83. I sing, regardless of how good I sound.
84. When I grow up, I will learn how to play the fiddle.
85. I have a grandma who lives in eastern Washington. (she died June 2007)
86. I grew up in Seattle.
87. My brother is a police lieutenant.
88. I moved every six months for about 4 years and it sucked.
89. I love people who are not afraid of being themselves.
90. I am really kind of a spaz sometimes.
91. I have a negative opinion of tattoos. Guilty.
92. I have a positive opinion of two wheeled transport.
93. I loves me a good bagel.
94. PB and J is a staple of my diet.
95. I make some mean spaghetti sauce.
96. I wish I knew how to play chess and the guitar.
97. I love Ethiopian, Indian and Japanese food.
98. I used to own only cats, but was recently called a dog person.
99. My favorite Christmas cards are from my friends overseas.
100. Coffee, yes.