What is out there in the blogosphere

So lately I have been clicking through the blogrolls of others to see what is out there.

Lots of ladies posting pictures of their shoes? I guess I never realized…

Not to be outdone…

The crazy thing is, that shoe post might garner over 100 comments. What is up with that??

“Ohhhh, I am so sorry it rained on your birthday!! That is *such* a bummer!”
“I am sorry your blue flip flops broke, I know how that is, it happened to me a month ago…”

ChezWhat scratches head. Hmm.

They said striking imagery was key to making a “splash”.

This is a hockey team drinking beer in a hot tub. Maybe this is interesting?

On another aside, I noticed I had some of my own prejudices. I realized this. I wanted people to either be smart of funny on their blogs. Or I wanted them to take another angle.

Maybe this will work:
24 on a beach in Ecuador. ((((Sigh))))

I tended not to like folk who advertised their issues. I tended not to even consider folk who were, like with an agenda. I tended to not like blogs who seemed like they were written by folk I would find too “in my face”–as in “accept me as I am and validate my ways” (people who wanted everyone to see them using their breast pump, for instance). I enjoy wine and beer, but since I got some family having issues with alcohol, I tended to be a little offed by the aggrandizing of alcohol…largely attributed to losing loved ones to this particular drink (the whole thing has made me take a hiatus from alcohol). To my surprise, there are alot of blogs about their with this thing in common…drinking/drunkenness. I’ll get over it, I am sure.

Anyhow, be offended I suppose if you get here, but dig a lil deeper here at ChezWhat. I offer up my favorite posts…

Rock n Roll pest control
Community…why it is important.
I love the geeks.
And this is what it is all about.

and my favorite quote, for those who missed it

“I’m sick of following my dreams, man. I’m just gonna ask where they’re goin’ and hook up with them later.”
—Mitch Hedberg

Advertisements

16 Comments Add yours

1. jane says:

i’m still here – just been busy lately! your shoes rock… although i bet they hurt as much as my goth-boots 🙂

2. jane says:

hmmm… this might show up twice. i’m using the computer at work, and all the blogger comment stuff is in korean. i just pressed the post comment button (well, i’m 95% sure i pressed the post comment button) and everything went blank. so, trying again:still reading! i’ve just been busy lately. love your shoes, although i bet they hurt as much as my goth boots do! 🙂

3. Fitèna says:

Clap, Clap, Clap! *Bow* Ladies and Gentelman, that was one cri du ceour wasn’t it! lol! Adline, so love this! The curious thing is I was thinking aout your students reading this. Go figger it out! lol!You’re so very right too, I’ve asked myselfs tons of questions about the why’s of + comments on some posts and nearly nil on others you believe deserved more that that. I have a blogger friend who told me that she does not understand what I write about and that’s why sh does not comment. What don’t you understand? I asked. She took a bite of her zinger, chewed, swallowed and said that my writing is too deep and intellectual. So maybe that explains why shoe posts gets many comments! Go to Chickybabe, she’s worth being stopped by at!And thank you, really enoyed this and not because you love me! lol!BTW, love the picture!Fitèna

4. Fitèna says:

Oh, where id you get the pic of the logospehe? hilarious! I love the “Motive unknown” bit!Fitèna

5. jane says:

aaargh….i tried to post here twice from work and it wouldn’t let me…. trying again from home:i’m still here – just been busy! BTW – love the shoes, although i bet they hurt just as much as my goth boots!

6. jane says:

oh damn! the “Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval.” thingy was only visible in KOREAN when i did this at work. shite. feel free to delete most of these damn comments of mine!

7. Adeline says:

Haha she took a bite of her zinger and told you your writing was too intellectual…Ha! priceless!Fitena I made the picture of the blogosphere by swiping a pic off the internet and altering it in photoshop.Jane, glad you are still around! I am lurking at your place too, Korea seems to be being very good to you!

8. Megan says:

Amen sista. I don’t get it most of the time. There are a couple blogs I periodically look at that are hugely popular and I always wonder why. Then again, I’m still checking them. Hmm…Thanks for the shout out! So, I see things differently, eh? I’m going to put on my interpreter hat and try to figure that one out. (I think that was a kind way of saying I’m weird! haha Which, let’s face it, is totally true!)

9. Adeline says:

Nononono Megan, not wierd! but man I would never think to write that highly clever letter to my computer, which I think was the post that inspired the comment…

10. aadil says:

Man, that’s the most work safe picture of you I have ever seen, Adeline. Do you honestly expect to boost this blog’s visitor frequency with pics like that? ;p

11. Adeline says:

hm, i guess your right. Perhaps I should put some pictures of cows or goats in compromised positions or something, i mean getting traffic does often mean appealing to the common denominator.

12. aadil says:

Shaved goats will do fine, thank u. (^^)b

13. Adeline says:

You’re just so classy, aadil. So classy.

14. ChickyBabe says:

In my relatively short time as a blogger, I couldn’t figure out why some posts generate a lot of comments and others don’t. I once posted a “Blank Page” post (with a purpose) and it received 60 comments! Or I could toil over a post for days and get minimal feedback.Thank you Fitena for the kind word.

15. atpanda says:

Some freak on Flickr left me a very strange message last week. Of a picture of the bottom of my shoe he wrote me how he wanted to BE a girl’s shoe. I went to his profile and he’s a foot fetishist. YIKES!

16. Lux Lisbon says:

anyone who says YO! is ok in my book.